The Burnetsfield Patent, confirming the “Indian Deed,” was instituted, granting lands to 94 persons representing 38 families. The land covered 9,400 acres purchased from the Mohawks in 1722. Each patentee received 100 acres, each with some frontage on the Mohawk River from the little falls westward.
The land grants on the north side of the Mohawk River near the little falls were: Lot #10 – Augustus Hess, Lot #11 – Mary Beerman (Bierman), Lot # 12 – Johan Jost Temouth (Demuth), Lot #13 – Mary Eva Staring (Stahring.) Many deeds refer back to these lot numbers. The first lot, #13, ran from the falls at the Burrows paper mill to a line just west of the Allegro mill, then north to about Monroe Street.