Off-site programs and activities for Canal Days of the Little Falls Historical Society Museum
- Download new driving or walking tour of 34 noteworthy homes and buildings in the Burke Park area of Little Falls.
- Check out the self-guided walking tour of key graves in Church Street Cemetery. Tour guides and cemetery maps available on-site nearby the caretaker’s cabin. Or can be downloaded from our website). See the African-American burial grounds monument also nearby the caretaker’s cabin. Enter from Monroe Street.
- Download Driving Tour of 10 Little Falls Historical Places.
- Visit Rotary Park Marina to view the great new multi-paneled detailed history of the Mohawk River and Erie Canal exhibit inside the terminal building. Read about Little Falls Waterways.
- Take a look at the beautiful new red, white and blue Marquis de Lafayette historical marker located just past the South Ann Street bridge at Canal Place.
- Go to the intersection of West Mill and Elizabeth Streets to view the Little Falls gristmill attack blue and yellow historical marker.
- View the two new historical signs located on South Ann Street above the museum. Read all about the Old Bank Museum.
- Attend a vintage base ball game between the Little Falls Alerts and the visiting Mountain Athletic Club beginning at noon on Saturday, August 13, near Veterans Park in the field behind the Little League Field off Loomis Street. Read all about Vintage Base Ball in Little Falls.
Send a message to your fellow Sister City citizen in Myjava, Slovakia!
Choose one of the English phrases that follow, written in Slovak . The students in Myjava Gymnasium, are bilingual, so you can write a note below in English. The Myjava Gymnasium is the name of the secondary school (high school) who is partnering with the Little Falls Historical Society.
Add to your opening phrase with something about yourself, Little Falls, Canal Days in Little Falls or perhaps about the picture on your card.
You can close by signing your first name, with the universal wish of:
Peace on Earth – Mier Na Zemi
Your friend, – Tvoj priatel’
Hello from your Sister City! • Pozdrav z vášho sesterského mesta!
Greetings from a citizen from your Sister City, Little Falls, NY, USA! • Pozdrav od občana z vášho Sister City, Little Falls, NY. USA
About 1000 of your Myjavan ancestors migrated to Little Falls in the late 1800s and early 1900s. Asi 1000 vašich myjavských predkov migrovalo do Little Falls koncom 19. storočia a začiatkom 19. storočia.
Here is a scene from our town. Tu je scéna z nášho mesta.